a somewhat painful month is coming to an end.
i’ve managed to add some new sections to the break-bit project, but this has been fraught with technical irritation (boo hoo, poor me).
firstly, a warning must go out to those upgrading their DAWs to Windows 10 – or Windows 8 as it is underneath … some existing drivers from the days of Windows 7 are not compatible with modern times (specifically old USB drivers). eventually, i discovered my USB hubs and my printer were too old to work with the more modern gear, and worse, they screwed up all the audio processing. so … be prepared to take the old stuff to the tip!
secondly, a big shout goes out to the support staff at Focusrite for helping me diagnose some of the problems – they helped me get the Windows 10 rig up and running despite the fact that all my Focusrite gear works perfectly.
so, the tune continues and hopefully a demo cut will be available soon!